Coronavirus (COVID-19): Justice system measures
Courthouses are open. However, we ask that citizens limit their travel to courthouses to what is strictly necessary.
Courthouses have implemented various safety measures to ensure activities can be carried out safely. Wearing a face mask or covering is mandatory for anyone wishing to enter a courthouse. Everyone must follow courthouse directives, such as cough etiquette, hygiene measures and two-metre distance between people, at all times.
If you already have a file in progress or have filed an application during the public health crisis and wish to know its status, please contact the client contact centre at 1-866-536-5140.
We encourage you to use the online services provided by the Ministère to avoid going to the courthouse:
- Filing a small claim
- Paying a statement of offence or a fine online
- Digital Court Office of Québec
- The Digital Office of the Court of Appeal
- Registre des droits personnels réels et mobiliers (RDPRM)
In this section, you will find:
- Answers to frequently asked questions by citizens and legal practitioners;
- How to get legal support;
- Official communications from the Ministère de la Justice and its partners during the pandemic.
For specific information about each court or tribunal, please see their respective websites: