Administrative fee for a civil union

In addition to all the other costs, you must be prepared to pay an administrative fee for the solemnization of your civil union, which varies depending on the officiant and the venue for the ceremony.

Solemnization by a court clerk

You generally pay the required fee at the time of your interview with the clerk or deputy clerk. In other cases, you must pay the fee:

The fee for the solemnization of a civil union by a court clerk or deputy clerk can be paid:

  • in cash;
  • by credit or debit card;
  • by certified cheque, postal order or bank order made out to the Minister of Finance of Québec.

If your civil union ceremony is cancelled, you can apply for a refund.

Solemnization by any other competent officiant

An officiant other than a court clerk will inform you of the fee payable and the payment methods.

Retourner en haut