Administrative fee for a marriage

In addition to all the other costs, you must be prepared to pay an administrative fee for the solemnization of your marriage, which varies depending on the officiant and venue.

Solemnization by a court clerk

You generally pay the required fee at the time of your interview with the clerk or deputy clerk. In other cases, you must pay the fee:

The fee can be paid:

  • in cash;
  • by credit or debit card;
  • by certified cheque, postal order or bank order made out to the Minister of Finance of Québec.

If your marriage ceremony is cancelled, you can apply for a refund.

Solemnization by any other competent officiant

An officiant other than a court clerk will inform you of the fee payable and the payment methods. 

Retourner en haut