Before your marriage ceremony
Before your marriage ceremony, you and your intended spouse must complete a number of formalities, some with your officiant, such as the court clerk.
Formalities completed with the court clerk
If you and your intended spouse want to be married by a court clerk, you must make an appointment for an interview.
Before the interview, you must organize the documents in your file so that the clerk can:
You should also:
- select your witness for the interview;
- ask about the fee for the solemnization of a marriage;
- decide, while ensuring that you meet the conditions of validity:
- where and when your marriage will take place;
- what elements the marriage ceremony will contain.
Formalities with an officiant other than a court clerk
If you and your intended spouse choose an officiant other than a court clerk, you must ask the officiant what formalities you need to complete.
For more information