The officiant must submit a notice of marriage to the registrar of civil status by completing the form Application for publication of for a dispensation from publication of a notice of marriage or civil union available on the website of the registrar of civil status.

The officiant must ensure that the notice of publication is posted on the website 20 days before the date of the marriage.

However, in some cases, the registrar of civil status may grant a dispensation from publication. If a dispensation is granted, the officiant will not prepare the notice of publication.

Retourner en haut