Partition of employment earnings by former de facto spouses

De facto spouses who separate can apply for the partition of their employment earnings registered under the Québec Pension Plan for the time they were together.

Partition is not applied automatically, as it would be for spouses who were married or in a civil union. Both former spouses must make the application.

For more details on the partition of employment earnings, see the section on this topic on the website of Retraite Québec.

However, before making a decision, the former spouses should request a simulation of the effects of partition.


Retourner en haut