Complaint against a mediator
Mediators must be members of one of the professional orders listed by regulation. To file a complaint against a mediator for an action performed while acting as a mediator, you must contact the relevant professional order.
Only certified mediators can engage in family mediation. Several professional orders are authorized by the Québec government to certify their members:
- Barreau du Québec
- Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d’orientation du Québec (in French)
- Ordre des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec (in French)
- Ordre des psychologues du Québec (in French)
- Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (in French)
Integrated Health and Social Services Centres (CISSS) and Integrated University Health and Social Services Centres (CIUSSS) are also authorized to certify their employees.