Complaint against a mediator
Mediators must be members of one of the professional orders listed by regulation. To file a complaint against a mediator for an action performed while acting as a mediator, you must contact the relevant professional order.
Five professional orders are authorized by the Québec government to accredit their members as mediators:
- le Barreau du Québec;
- la Chambre des notaires du Québec;
- l'Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d'orientation du Québec;
- l'Ordre des des psychoéducateurs et psychoéducatrices du Québec;
- l'Ordre des psychologues du Québec;
- l'Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec (in French).
Youth centres are also authorized to accredit their employees.