Dissolution of a civil union granted by the court

If it is not possible to dissolve a civil union by way of a joint notarial declaration, the dissolution must be granted by the court.

This is not the same judicial process as a divorce, and it is best to consult a lawyer.


If a couple in a civil union decide to marry, they do not need to dissolve their civil union first. Their marriage will automatically dissolve their civil union while maintaining their rights and obligations under the civil union.

Retourner en haut