Perhaps the most distinctive feature of Québec’s justice system is its dual structure. Like many other areas of government administration, justice in Québec has been split between federal and provincial jurisdiction since the 1867 proclamation of the British North America (BNA) Act, also known as the Constitution Act.
Drapeau et symboles nationaux (in French)
À titre d'emblème national, le drapeau du Québec doit être déployé de façon officielle par une institution publique ou un établissement relevant de l'Administration gouvernementale afin de marquer son appartenance à cette dernière.
Mission, Vision and Values
Our raison d'être (Mission)
The mission of Québec's Ministère de la Justice (MJ) is to enhance citizen trust and respect for individual and collective rights in Québec by maintaining the accessibility and integrity of the justice system and upholding the rule of law.
Our goal (Vision)
To display leadership in the transformation of the justice system and make it more accessible and more responsive.
In implementing its mission and its vision, the MJ will rely on the values of the public administration, which include respect, integrity and equity:
- respect for all the people it interacts with;
- integrity in the performance of its duties;
- equity in its interventions.
- Annual Report 2017-2018 (In French)
- Strategic Plan 2015-2020 (In French)
- Action Plan 2016-2017 for the integration of people with disabilities (In French)
Secrétariat à la sélection des candidats à la fonction de juge
The function of the secretariat is to administer the selection procedure for candidates for the office of judge of the Court of Québec, municipal court judge and presiding justice of the peace.
Citizen Service Statement
The Ministère de la Justice is committed to providing you with high-quality services.
The fight against homophobia and transphobia
The aim of the government, working with many different partners, is to ensure full recognition of the rights of lesbians, gays, bisexuals, trans and queer (LGBTQ) in Québec society.
Access to information and the protection of personal information
Information published on the website pursuant to the Regulation respecting the distribution of information and the protection of personal information.
- Names and titles of management staff and personnel
- Coordinator for access to documents and the protection of personal information
- Classification list
- Inventory of personal information files
- Register of releases of personal information
- Drafts regulations
- Directives and policies
- Codes of ethics and professional conduct
- Photo radar devices and red light camera systems
- Documents tabled at the National Assembly
- Decisions and documents submitted in connection with an access to information request
- Financial commitments
- Decisions rendered in the performance of adjudicative functions
- Subsidies granted under the Minister's discretionary budget
- Expenses and costs
- Annual salary, indemnities and allowances of the Minister, the executive secretary and the holders of senior positions
- Expenses of departments anad public bodies
Access to Justice Fund
This dedicated fund supports actions to enhance the public's knowledge and understanding of Québec law and Québec's legal system in order to promote access to justice.
Crime Victims Assistance Fund
The FAVAC supports organizations and services that offer assistance for victims of crime, mainly in connection with the court process.
Ministère de la Justice
1200, route de l'Église, 9e étage
Québec (Québec) G1V 4M1
Ministère de la Justice
Palais de justice de Montréal
11e étage, bureau 11.39
1, rue Notre-Dame Est
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1B6
580 rue Barkoff
Trois-Rivières (Québec) G8T 9T7
Immeuble multiservices des Chenaux
44, chemin Rivière-à-Veillet
Sainte-Geneviève-de-Batiscan (Québec) G0X 2R0