Register of releases of personal information
Under section 67.3 of the Act respecting access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information, the Ministère de la Justice keeps a register of releases of personal information. This allows citizens to know whether personal information concerning them has been released to a person or organization.
The register contains the following information:
- the nature or type of the information released;
- the person or body to which the information was released;
- the purpose for which the information was released;
- if applicable, a statement to the effect that it was a release of personal information outside Québec;
- the reason justifying the release.
Note: All the files in this section are in French.