Statement on Restitution (SJ-1021B) - Additional information

If you are unable to download or print this document, please contact us. We will show you another way to obtain this information.

The victim of an offence or any other person may make a request for restitution in the following circumstances:

  • the offence was committed after July 22, 2015; 
  • the offence caused loss or damage; 
  • the value of the loss or damage can be readily ascertained. 

For example, if the offender broke down a door while committing an offence, it is possible to claim an amount corresponding to the total cost of repairing the door, if that amount can be readily ascertained, on presentation of supporting documents. 

To make a request for restitution, the applicant must complete the form Statement on Restitution (SJ-1021B) and include a copy of all the required supporting documents. 

The victim of an offence can not make a request for restitution in proceedings against a young persons under the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA).

For more information

The content of this page is strictly informative and has no legal value.

If you find some of the information difficult to understand, do not hesitate to contact us. Please note, however, that we cannot interpret the information to apply it to a specific situation.

Retourner en haut