Advisory committee on access to justice
The Act to establish the Access to Justice Fund (AJF) sets out the composition and mandate of the Advisory committee on access to justice.
The committee's mandate is to:
- advise the Minister on the policy direction and priorities to be used in allocating financial assistance under the Financial assistance program to promote access to justice;
- advise the Minister on the choice of activities or projects submitted under this program;
- provide advice on all matters related to improvement, knowledge and understanding of the law or the Québec justice system in the community.
The committee consists of five members. These members represent the Barreau du Québec, the Chambre des notaires du Québec, academia, the community and citizens.
The current committee members are:
- Michel Pigeon, citizen representative and chair
- Mtre Normand Boucher, representative of the Barreau du Québec
- Mtre Brigitte Roy, representative of the Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Mtre Pierre-Claude Lafond, academic representative
- Geneviève Beaudoin, community representative
- Mtre Sophie Vézina, secretary, Ministère de la Justice.