Advisory committee on access to justice
The Act to establish the Access to Justice Fund (AJF) specifies the composition and mandate of the Advisory committee on access to justice.
The committee's mandate is to:
- advise the Minister on the priorities and policy direction the Minister should keep in mind when granting financial assistance under the Financial assistance program to promote access to justice;
- advise the Minister on the choice of projects or activities submitted;
- give an opinion in writing on all questions concerning the improvement or knowledge and understanding of Québec law and Québec's legal system in the community.
The committee is composed of five members representing the Barreau du Québec, the Chambre des notaires du Québec, the university sector, the community sector and the public.
The current members of the committee are:
- Michel Pigeon chairman, representing the public
- Normand Boucher, representing the Barreau du Québec
- Brigitte Roy, representing the Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Pierre-Claude Lafond, representing the university sector
- Thérèse Richer, representing the community sector
- Sophie Vézina, secretary, from the Ministère de la Justice