Québec court-supervised drug treatment program
The Québec court-supervised drug treatment program will offer a way for the court system to reduce the level of crime associated with drug addiction using penal measures that support treatment for addicts as a way to protect society.
As permitted by the Criminal Code, the program will give the courts the ability to suspend a sentence until the addicted offender undergoes a court-supervised treatment for his or her addiction. The program will also enable closer cooperation between the courts and addiction resources to establish courses of treatment, including therapy, rehabilitation and social reintegration.
Forms and related documents
- Addiction Treatment Program for the purposes of subsection (2) of section 720 of the Criminal Code (88ko)
- Application for consent of the director of criminal and penal prosecutions to participate in the court of Quebec addiction treatment program (PTTCQ ) - Notes (31ko)
- Application for consent to participate in the Court of Québec addiction treatment program (CQATP) (SJ-1073A) (263ko)
- Conditions to be met by certified addiction treatment resources to receive offenders in the PTTCQ (57ko)
- Consent form for offender participation in the PTTCQ implementation and impact study (77ko)
- Court report submitted by a certified addiction resource (74ko)
- Guide on drafting court reports for use by certified addiction treatment resources (107ko)
- Guilty plea agreement entered into by the parties for the purposes of the Court of Québec addiction treatment program (CQATP)(SJ-1072A) (234ko)
- Motion to participate in the Court of Québec Addiction Treatment Program (CQATP) (SJ-1071A) (247ko)
- Specific pre-sentence report (71ko)
- Undertaking by a certified drug addiction resource that offers lodging (95ko)
- Warning to offender with respect to professional secrecy (64ko)