The Court of Quebec Addiction Treatment Program (CQATP) - Puvirnituq
Since September 2019, the Court of Québec Addiction Treatment Program in Puvirnituq (Nunavik Wellness Court or NITSIQ) has been available for residents of the community of Puvirnituq. Although the whole of Nunavik is badly affected by major community, cultural and social problems, the effects are most visible in the northern village of Puvirnituq. Given the high rates of alcoholism, drug addiction, criminal behaviour and suicide in the community, this was the site chosen for the one-year pilot project.
In accordance with the provincial framework program, the terms and conditions for the implementation of the Nunavik Wellness Court were adapted to take into account the specific features of the population group concerned.
Besides the Ministère de la Justice, the Court of Québec and the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services, the main partners in the program are
- the Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions;
- the defense lawyers and the Legal Community Center of Abitibi-Témiscamingue;
- the Ministère de la Sécurité publique;
- Makivik Corporation;
- Kativik Regional Government;
- the Kativik Regional Police Force;
- the Saqijuq project;
- the Inuulitsivik health centre;
- the Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre.
Several Aboriginal organizations also played a role in its implementation.
- Conditions to be met by certified addiction treatment resources to receive offenders in the PTTCQ
- Guilty plea agreement entered into by the parties for the purposes of the CQATP (SJ-1072A)
- Motion to participate in the CQATP (SJ-1071A)
- Application for consent to participate to participate in the CQATP (SJ-1073A) - Notes for the SJ-1073A form
- Court report submitted by a certified addiction resource: (template)
- Guide on drafting court reports for use by certified addiction treatment resources
- Request to participate in the program
- Service request
- Pre-sentence report
- Consent form for offender participation in the implementation and impact study
- CQATP at Puvirnituq