A new free pre-mediation service, offered by Community Justice Centers (CJCs), is available to inform and help prepare couples who have opted for mediation. They may also contact a family mediator directly, as they have been entitled to do since the creation of the family mediation program.
The new pre-mediation service can provide the following:
- Information on mediation (e.g., role of the mediator, how mediation works, and the advantages and disadvantages of mediation)
- Information to help determine if family mediation is appropriate in your situation
- General legal information on your situation
- Help to invite your former spouse into mediation
- Information on how to properly prepare for mediation (e.g., tips, tricks, exercises and tools)
- Help to find a family mediator.
For more information about the pre-mediation service and to make an appointment, call the CJCs at 1 844 522-6900.