Quickly exit

Sexual violence, domestic violence or childhood abuse

Regulation to amend the Regulation of the Superior Court of Québec in family matters

The parties in a family law case must attest to whether or not they are subject to:

•    A civil protection order under section 509 of the Code of Civil Procedure or a request related to such an order;
•    An order, application, agreement or decision related to youth protection;
•    An order, indictment, undertaking or recognizance related to a criminal matter.

Parties who fall into any of the above situations must file a notice with the court office and, if applicable, attach documentary evidence. The same applies if the situation changes in the course of proceedings.

Were you a victim of sexual or domestic violence? Were you abused as a child ? Learn about the rights, recourses and resources available to you. 


In Québec, the Act to assist persons who are victims of criminal offences and to facilitate their recovery guarantees rights to persons whose physical or psychological integrity has been interfered with following sexual violence, domestic violence or childhood abuse. .


Contact an aid agency

If you are the victim of sexual violence, you can:

If you are a victim of domestic violence, please contact:

Filing a complaint

To file a complaint, contact your police service.

Applying for a protection order in a civil matter

If you want to protect yourself against a perpetrator, you may apply for a protection order with the court. A third person can also apply for you.

Terminating your lease

If you no longer feel safe in your apartment, you may terminate your lease

Retourner en haut