It may happen that a person acting in good faith erects a structure on a piece of land belonging to a neighbour. If you do this, you neighbour may ask you to purchase the land in question or pay compensation for temporary loss of its use, for as long as the structure remains standing.

However, if the encroachment is considerable, causes serious damage or was made in bad faith, your neighbour may ask the court to order you either to purchase the piece of land at its full value or remove the structure and restore the land to its original condition.

Are you in a dispute with a neighbour? Citizen mediation can help you find a satisfactory solution for both parties.

Retourner en haut