Referral of an application to another district or court

As the defendant, you may ask for the case to be heard in another judicial district or by another court. To do this, you must file an application for referral with the clerk of the original district, specifying the reason for your request. 

The clerk then notifies the plaintiff, who has 10 days from the date of the notice to make representations.

Once this time has expired, the clerk submits the application for referral and the representations to the court, which makes a decision in accordance with the rules of the Code of Civil Procedure.

Retourner en haut