Waiving the benefit of voluntary deposit

You may decide at any time to waive the benefit of voluntary deposit. You must inform the clerk, who will then advise your creditors and the bailiff, if applicable.

You must notify your decision to the court office where your declaration was filed, in person or in writing.

Notifying your decision in writing

If you notify your decision in writing, you must used the form Renunciation of the benefit of voluntary deposit (SJ-1091A).

After receiving the form, the clerk will distribute any outstanding amounts that have been deposited, and then close your file.

You will lose the protection of voluntary deposit and become liable to seizure and other legal proceedings, including bankruptcy.

Retourner en haut