Registering for voluntary deposit

To register for voluntary deposit, you must go to the office of the Court of Québec in the judicial district of your choice, generally the district where you have your home or workplace. Registration is completed by the clerk.


To register, you must make a declaration, deemed to be sworn, using the form Declaration by Voluntary Deposit Debtor (SJ-1086A). You must enter your contact information, your income, the amounts owed and the payment methods.

The clerk checks that all the essential information has been entered, but does not verify its accuracy.

There is no limit on the amount of the debts or claims you may list. In addition, there is no fee for filing your declaration at the court office.

To obtain more information on the details that must be included in your declaration, see the page Content of the declaration.

List of creditors

When you register for voluntary deposit, you must also fill the form List of creditors / Voluntary deposit (SJ-226) and attach it to your declaration.

Retourner en haut