After filing an application at the Court of Québec, Superior Court of Québec or Court of Appeal of Québec to settle a dispute by going to court, you may wish to explore other ways to resolve the situation.
A settlement conference offers an opportunity to negotiate an out-of-court agreement with the other party with assistance from a judge. The service is provided free of charge.
A settlement conference is a form of judicial dispute resolution or judicial mediation, and it shares some of the characteristics of the mediation process.
For more information
Court of Québec
- Settlement Conference in Civil Cases
- Settlement Conference in Civil Cases – Operating Rules
- Settlement Conference in Youth Protection Cases
Superior Court of Québec
- Cour supérieure du Québec - La conférence de règlement à l'amiable (CRA) (Division de Québec)
- Settlement Conference Chamber (Division of Montréal)
Court of Appeal of Québec